A boiler tube is a type of pipe that is used within boilers to heat water to produce steam. These pipes are classified into two different types: those that operate under medium pressure and those that operate under high pressure. Boiler tubes are welded and made from steel, which makes them resistant to many different types of wear and tear. In addition, these pipes have a seam that runs along their length, which helps to prevent leaks. Boiler tubes are extensively used in a variety of industries, such as heat exchanger pipe and tubing services, tube exchanger bundles, high-pressure boilers, economizers, superheaters, and petrochemical industry pipes. These pipes play an essential role in the overall function of these systems.
Why choose tuspipe?
Since 1998, Tianjin United Steel Pipe Co., Ltd (TUSPIPE) has been committed to supplying high-quality line pipes.
With over 500,000 tons annual production capacity, the company serves various fields and industries, such as oil & gas exploitation and transmission, ship & auto-building, water & electricity, environmental protection, mechanical engineering, infrastructure construction and etc.
TUSPIPE places a premium on product quality and rigorous product quality control. In order to maintain good product quality, the company has established a Test & Inspection Center since 2004. With a series of state-of-the-art tests and inspection equipment, the test & inspection center is able to perform the tensile tests, hydro tests, impact tests, DWTT, etc.
Features of Boiler Tube
Boiler tubes and pipes necessitate exceptionally high quality as well as a wide range of steel grades and dimensions suitable for various applications.
As a backdrop, our boiler tubes and pipes have developed from a secure system through years of experience and the foremost engineering process to fully meet these standards.
They are produced using an integrated production system, as well as tight quality design and quality control from raw materials to finished products.
In response to changing needs, we are producing new materials and products, as well as performing extensive research and development, including manufacturing process research.
Types of Boiler Tube
Tube boilers are broadly classified into two categories: water-tube boilers and fire-tube boilers.
Water circulates inside the tubes of a water-tube boiler and is heated outside by hot gases created by the furnace. With fire-tube boilers, hot gas travels through one or more tubes, heating the water surrounding them by thermal conduction.
Dimension and Sizes of Boiler Tube
Medium-Pressure Boiler Tube and High-Pressure Boiler Tube
Depending on the operating temperature, either a medium-pressure or a high-pressure boiler pipe shall be utilized. Typically classed as follows:
- The normal operating temperature of the boiler pipe is less than 450°C. The procedure of hot rolling or cold drawing is mostly used to manufacture the medium-pressure boiler pipeline.
- High-pressure boiler pipes are frequently utilized under extreme temperatures and pressures. The pipe will oxidize and corrode as a result of the high-temperature flue gas and steam. It is necessary for a high-pressure boiler pipe to have high tensile strength, high resistance to oxidation corrosion, and superior tissue stability.
How to Control the quality of Boiler Pipe
Boiler tubes and pipes are highly sought after due to their ability to withstand extremely demanding operating conditions while maintaining operational reliability. We maintain stringent quality control throughout the manufacturing process, from steelmaking to tube and pipe fabrication, and have devised the following quality assurance system.
- Independence of the Quality Assurance Department
The quality assurance department is distinct from the manufacturing department and is charged with primary authority and responsibility for quality in order to ensure it.
- Standardization of Tasks
Numerous manufacturing and quality-related tasks are standardized and recorded in order to facilitate unification.
- Adoption of an inspector qualification system
Numerous manufacturing and quality-related tasks are standardized and recorded in order to facilitate their integration.
- Full adoption of nondestructive tests
Numerous mandatory tests and inspections are carried out according to application, and all items undergo nondestructive testing during final inspection.
- Establishment of periodic gauges and tester calibration systems
Numerous gauges and testers are calibrated on a regular basis to assure quality inspection.
Three Steps to Choose High Quality Boiler Tubes
While selecting boiler tubes, keep the following in mind to ensure that you are purchasing the correct and highest-quality tubes:
- Examine the tube’s cross-section. A seamless tube of high quality will have a smooth cross-section and be free of bumps and imperfections.
- Determine the pipe’s density to determine the percentage of contaminants in the pipe. Avoid pipes with a low density!
- Inspect the boiler tube’s outside. A smooth surface is a sign of a high-quality boiler tube. If the surface is rough and uneven, you can be certain that the quality is lacking.