S355K2H structural steel pipes are often used in structural and civil engineering, as well as in the construction sector. It is a low alloy high strength steel with good shape and impact toughness that is primarily used in the manufacture of bridges, ships, vehicles, boilers, high-pressure vessels, oil and gas pipelines, power station equipment, lifting transport institutions, large steel structures, and other similar items. Use it to replace regular carbon steel, considerably reducing the weight of the construction, and ensuring the use of dependable, long-lasting materials.
Numerous designations are assigned in accordance with EN 10210. For instance,
- The symbol K in combination with either numerical i.e. 0 or 2, would mean that the specific impact properties of EN 10219 S355K2H Steel Pipeat specific temperature points of 0℃ and – 40℃ apiece.
- The letter H is a designation intended for hollow sectioned products like the S355K2H Pipe.
- The other designation that touches the base with regards to its application is the letter S, which is a typical feature of structural steel.
Why choose tuspipe?
Since 1998, Tianjin United Steel Pipe Co., Ltd (TUSPIPE) has been committed to supplying high-quality line pipes.
With over 500,000 tons annual production capacity, the company serves various fields and industries, such as oil & gas exploitation and transmission, ship & auto-building, water & electricity, environmental protection, mechanical engineering, infrastructure construction and etc.
TUSPIPE places a premium on product quality and rigorous product quality control. In order to maintain good product quality, the company has established a Test & Inspection Center since 2004. With a series of state-of-the-art tests and inspection equipment, the test & inspection center is able to perform the tensile tests, hydro tests, impact tests, DWTT, etc.
Designation for EN 10219 S355K2H Steel Grade
- The number of this European Standard (EN 10219 specification);
- The capital letter S for structural steel;
- The indication of the minimum specified yield strength for thickness ≤16mm is expressed in N/mm2;
- The capital letters JR for the qualities with specified impact properties at room temperature;
- The capital letter J and a number 0 or 2 for the qualities with specified impact properties at 0℃ and -20℃ respectively;
- The capital letter H indicates hollow sections
Dimensions and Sizes of EN10219 S355K2H Pipe
|DN||O. D.||W. T.|
Weldability of EN 10219 S355K2H Pipe
This European standard only allows for the use of weldable steel. EN 1011-1 and EN 1011-2 specify the critical parameters for the welding of the products covered by this European standard.
While welding these materials, the primary worry is the development of cold cracking in the welded zone as the product’s thickness, strength level, and CEV grows. Cold cracking happens for a variety of reasons:
- Enhanced diffusible hydrogen concentrations in the weld metal;
- Brittle structure in the heat-affected zone;
- High tensile stress concentrations in the welded joint
Chemical Composition % of Steel S355K2H (1.0576): EN 10219
|Designation||Type of deoxidation||Sub Grop||C|
|According to EN10219||≤40||＞40≤65|
|1) The deoxidation methods are designated as follows:|
FF-Full killed steel containing nitrogen binding elements in amounts sufficient to bind available nitrogen (e.g.min.0.020% total Al, or 0.015% soluble Al).
2) QS-quality steel.
3) It is permissible to exceed the specified values provided that for each increase of 0.001%N the P max content will be reduced by 0.005%, the N content of the ladle analysis, however, shall not be more than 0.012%
4) The max. value for nitrogen does not apply if the chemical composition shows a minimum total Al content of0.020% with a minimum AL/N ratio of 2:1, or if sufficient other N-binding elements are present. The N-binding elements shall be recorded in Inspection Document.
Mechanical Properties for S355K2H Non-alloy Structural Steel
|Steel Grade||Mechanical Properties||Impact Energy (KV J)|
|Yield Strength||Tensile Strength||Elongation||Test Temperature At Test Temperature of ℃|
Manufacturing Tolerances of EN 10219 S355K2H Pipe
|Characteristic||Round Hollow Sections||Square and Rectangular Hollow Sections|
|Outside Dimension||± 1% with min ± 0.5mm and max ± 10mm||± 1% with min of ± 0.5mm|
|Thickness (T)||T≤5mm: ±10%||T≤5mm: ±10%|
|T>5mm: ± 0.5mm||T>5mm: ± 0.5mm|
|Convexity||–||Max .8% with min 0.5mm|
|Squareness of side||–||90° ± 1°|
|External Corner Profile||–||T≤6mm: 1.6T to 2.4T|
|–||6<T≤10mm: 2.0T to 3.0T|
|–||T,10: 2.4T to 3.6T|
|Twist||–||2mm plus 0.5mm/m|
|Straightness||0.2% of total||0.15% of total|
|Mass||±6% on individual length|
Inspection and Testing of EN 10219 S355K2H Hollow Sections
EN 10219 S355K2H is tensile tested according to EN 10002-1 and Charpy impact tested according to EN 10045-1.
Inspection or test type
One per tested batch
Flattening test or expansion test (option 18)
One per tested batch
One per tested batch
NDT of the weld in order to identify any longitudinal discontinuities
NDT in order to detect any leaks
Marking of EN10219 S355K2H
Except as provided for in EN10219 10.2 for hollow sections which are bundled, each S355J0H section shall be marked by suitable and durable methods such as painting, stamping, adhesive labels, or attached tags with the following:
— the steel designation e.g., EN 10219-S355JOH;
— the manufacturer’s name or trademark;
— in the case of specific inspection: an identification number, e.g., order number, which permits the correlation of the product or delivery unit to the related document;
— the mark of the external inspection representative (where applicable).
When the items are provided bundled, the EN10219 10.1 marking must be on a label that is firmly affixed to the bundle.